» Building a foundation of respect - Part 8
Building a foundation of respect - Part 8
- Promoting open and respectful communication among people of different genders, races, backgrounds and experience.
- Building awareness that communication is a skill set that can be learned and developed.
- Creating a learning environment that encourages workers to improve communication in the workplace.
- Recognize that effective communication is a tool to encourage cooperation and collaboration among workers of all backgrounds.
- Recognize that effective communication in a diverse workplace must be "inclusive."
- Provide training to all workers to develop competency in "inclusive" communication.
The qualities of an "inclusive" communicator: The right Mind Set, Heart Set and Skill Set
The Right Mind set:
- understanding that each of us has a perspective based on our gender, race, culture, background, experience and so on
- being knowledgeable about the key differences of gender, race, culture, background and experience of others
The Right Heart set:
- having the desire to be an effective communicator with others who are different
- being open, curious and non-judgemental of different values, attitudes and behaviours
The Right Skill set:
- having awareness of the differences that gender, race, culture, background and experience can bring to a situation
- managing your own response and adapting your communication style for mutual benefit
OUR NEXT INSTALLMENT: Inclusive communication starts with "listening to understand"
Previous installment: What it means to treat people as professionals.
- JOIN THE CONVERSATION -
How does your own communication style affect your relationships with co-workers?