» News and Media
» Labour Market Information
Labour Market Information
Future construction needs versus enough skilled workers – it’s a delicate balancing act and BuildForce Canada’s role is to help industry deal with this challenge. BuildForce Canada has resources to answer questions not only from the industry, but also from the media:
- Where is construction activity growing?
- Where will Canada’s future workers come from?
- How does BuildForce Canada encourage women, youth, older workers and foreign-trained workers to consider careers in construction?
- What skills will workers need, and are there programs to develop those skills?
- How do training requirements differ between communities, provinces, territories, regions and countries around the globe?
BuildForce Canada’s many labour market information (LMI) products provide information to help the construction industry formulate strategic plans and design projects. The media will also find that these products offer:
Previous reports dating back to 2005, as well as the current national, provincial and territorial highlights reports are availableon this website for free download. The current provincial PowerPoint presentations and data on residential and non-residential construction investment activity, and labour supply and demand at the national, provincial and territorial levels are available for a fee on the Construction Forecasts website.