» Building a foundation of respect - Part 17
Building a foundation of respect - Part 17
ASSESSMENT QUESTION OF THE MONTH:
Does your organization tie leaders'/managers' performance reviews, pay and bonuses to creating and supporting a respectful workplace?
Research indicates that tying pay to performance is important for the success of a respectful and inclusive workplace initiative.
- Your respectful and inclusive workplace initiative must align with the organization's goals:
- leaders/managers must be able to see how it will help them achieve their goals.
- Be prepared to train leaders in the knowledge and skills they need to be respectful and inclusive leaders.
- Make sure that the organization can measure the success of any respectful and inclusive initiatives (see Blog #15).
- Introduce the performance measures a few years before the accountability:
- leaders/managers need experience in understanding what they must do to meet the performance goals.
This project has been funded by Status of Women Canada.