» Building a foundation of respect - Part 14
Building a foundation of respect - Part 14
Research shows that for a policy or any initiative to be effective, people must be able to see how it supports or is linked to the organization's core values, vision and mission.
Here are two examples of corporate mission statements and core values. It's easy to see how a Respectful and Inclusive Workplace Program would support these corporate missions and core values.
The Microsoft Mission Statement: "Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more."
One of Microsoft's Core Values is "Diversity and Inclusion:"
- "Explore how we maximize very person's contribution - from our employees to our customers - so that the way we innovate naturally includes diverse thought."
The Starbucks Mission Statement: "To inspire and nurture the human spirit - one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time."
One of Starbucks' Core Values is "Our Partners:"
- "We're called Partners because it's not just a job, it's our passion.
- Together, we embrace diversity to create a place where each of us can be ourselves.
- We always treat each other with respect and dignity.
- And we hold each other to that standard."
This project has been funded by Status of Women Canada.